How To Move A Spa Moving Day
Have a home hot tub? If so, at some point you have likely invested $3,000 to $10,000, in order to add an extra touch of luxury to your home. Did you know, however, that when moving home both locally and cross-country, many homeowners decide to leave their hot tub behind?
You Wouldn’t Leave a Car so Why Leave a Hot Tub?
Hot tubs represent the ultimate way to relax and unwind at the end of a hectic day. There is just one problem.
- Basic hot tub weights start at over 300kgs. This being the case, moving a spa from one location to another can be expensive.
- Spa’s are fragile and become more fragile as they get older. This being the case, there simply isn’t a way to guarantee that hot tubs won’t be damaged in transit
- Spa’s will always require the mobilization of more human (as well as vehicular) moving support.
When to Move a Spa & When Not to
Given the cost and complexity involved with moving a hot tub, homeowners need to weigh certain pros and cons.
- Will including a hot tub in a home sale help add value and buyer interest?
- Could extra revenue generated by including hot tubs in sales, cover the cost of a new hot tub?
- Is a hot tub even suitable for the kind of property you are moving into?
Spa Moving Options
Have you decided that you and your Spa are simply inseparable? If so, it will always pay to call upon the help of dedicated hot tub movers. This is due to the fact that movers who aren’t experienced in moving large luxury appliances, can easily damage both hot tubs and properties during moving.
As a rule, moving a Spa will always require at least 4-5 people. What is more, moving should never be undertaken lightly. Instead, movers need to:
- Measure exits & entrance areas and plan hot tub removals and installations in advance
- Disconnect all hot tub power and plumbing essentials, prior to completely draining hot tub units
- Allow hot tubs to dry
- Use doilies, moving blankets, and protective packaging, to move hot tubs onto moving vehicles and secure them ready for transit
Needless to say, what homeowners can’t do is pack up a hot tub in the space of just a few hours. Instead, moving a hot tub requires precision planning and careful consideration of several key safety factors.
Thankfully, at 2 Easy Removals, we are experts when it comes to helping plan and execute spa removals and other heavy item removals. This being the case, if you are not sure where to start, make sure to reach out to us today for more information.